Microsoft has devoted a lot of time and money over the years into their government cloud environments that are dedicated to meeting U.S. federal compliance and security standards. There are three main environments:
- The Microsoft GCC (Government Community Cloud) has been built specifically for government agencies at the federal, state and local levels
- GCC High is dedicated to government customers and contractors handling highly sensitive workloads
- DoD Cloud is dedicated exclusively for agencies within the armed forces
An Enterprise Platform for Government
Microsoft Dynamics 365, Office 365 and Azure and many other solutions are available on the Microsoft Government clouds. The platform, Microsoft Dynamics 365, is a comprehensive business solution that meets all essential public sector capabilities. With the government cloud solutions, agencies and municipalities can finally break down silos and invest in a unified platform for government. Solutions can touch almost every department, allowing for more engaged citizens and empowered employees.
Benefits of Microsoft GCC for Government:
- Azure (the Microsoft Cloud) is simpler, quicker and more cost-effective scale-up a workload in the cloud than it is to go through traditional hardware and services procurement processes when working on premise
- With a cloud environment, clients can quickly spin up test environments, new workloads or reports. There are new opportunities that have never been possible before.
- In reality, Microsoft GCC is more secure than many traditional deployments for government
Microsoft SaaS offerings (Dynamics 365, Office 365) are compliant with the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FEDRAMP), Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) and the Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)