In our previous blog post we talked about what is Omnichannel for Customer Service. In this blog post we will see how to set up Omnichannel for Customer Service. Overall we will see:
- What are the prerequisites for provisioning Omnichannel for Customer Service
- How to enable Omnichannel for Customer Service subscription
- How to set up Omnichannel for Customer Service in your Dynamics 365 environment
To setup Omnichannel for Customer Service, your Microsoft 365 tenant must have prerequisite subscriptions. If you don’t have Microsoft 365 tenant at all, you can still try and evaluate Omnichannel for Customer Service through subscribing to the trials within a new Microsoft 365 tenant. These prerequisite subscriptions are:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise
Omnichannel for Customer Service offers a suite of capabilities that extend the power of Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise. So, you must have a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise subscription.
One of the channels you can use in Omnichannel is Microsoft Teams. So, if you want to configure the Omnichannel for the Microsoft Teams channel you should also have Microsoft Teams subscription. For evaluation purpose you may register a Microsoft Office 365 E3 trial that includes Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Power BI
You must have Microsoft Power BI subscription. Power BI free subscription would work also but for some of the supervisor dashboard reporting you will need a Power BI Pro license or higher for each of the supervisor.
Adding Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Teams (optional) subscriptions is not covered in this blog post keeping in view the brevity of the post. Please add these subscriptions before proceeding with the Omnichannel for Customer Service setup.
Acquiring Omnichannel for Customer Service
There are two options to acquire Omnichannel for Customer Service
- Through trials website (trials.dynamcis.com)
- Through Microsoft 365 Admin Center
Option 1: Acquire Omnichannel for Customer Service through trials website
Use this option if you don’t have Dynamics 365 for Customer Service already or you want to try Omnichannel for Customer Service in a separate Microsoft Office 365 tenant.
- Go to the https://trials.dynamics.com/ and select Customer Service
- Enter your work email and get started
The trials process would ask you some other basic questions. It will create for you a new Microsoft Office 365 tenant as well as Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise trial for 30 days.
Option 2: Acquire Omnichannel for Customer Service through Microsoft 365 Admin Center
Use this option if you already have Microsoft Dynamics 365 subscription and you want to install Omnichannel for Customer Service on that existing subscription.
First of all, if you don’t have Customer Service Application, install it.
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Admin Center. You may copy paste the admin center link. (https://port.crm.dynamics.com/G/Instances/InstancePicker.aspx?Redirect=False)
- Select your Dynamics 365 instance and click on Solutions
- Select Dynamics 365 Customer Service Application and click Install button
The installation will not take much time. Refresh the page after few minutes and the installation status should be changed from “in progress” to Installed.
Add Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Teams (optional) subscriptions as well.
Now you have to add the Omnichannel for Customer Service addon through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- Go to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center > Billing > Purchase Services
- Scroll to the bottom of page and click on Add-ons
- Select Dynamics 365 Customer Service Digital Messaging add-on Trial
- Click on Try now
- Click Continue.
You now have one month of free trial for Omnichannel for Customer Service with 25 user licenses.
Setup Omnichannel for Customer Service
Whether you have registered for a new Dynamics 365 trial or you have acquired it through Microsoft 365 Admin Center, you should be able to see Omnichannel for Customer Service in Dynamics 365 Administration Center. And from there you may configure Omnichannel for Customer Service in your environment.
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Admin Center (https://port.crm.dynamics.com/G/Instances/InstancePicker.aspx?Redirect=False)
- Select your Dynamics 365 instance and click on Applications tab
- Select Omnichannel for Customer Service and click on Manage button.
- Click on Consent on behalf of your organization check box and then click Accept button.
- Omnichannel Manage Environments page would be opened in the new tab. Click on the +Add environment button.
- Omnichannel setup page would appear. Select your environment and click next.
- Click on the Add chat toggle button to change it to Yes. Click next.
- Configure SMS, Social and Microsoft Teams channels in the same way
- Click Finish
The set up process for Omnichannel would get started and you would see “in progress” icon running in front of each channel.
Now you may sit back or may be go and get a cup of coffee as it will take an hour or two to complete the setup process. You may even shut down your laptop. The setup process will keep running on Microsoft servers.
After couple of hours check the Omnichannel setup page to make sure everything is installed correctly. You should be able to see installed icon and message in front of each channel
And here is a short video about how to try Omnichannel for Customer Service in your environment published by Microsoft Dynamics 365 team on YouTube.
In our next blog post we will demonstrate how to set up chat channel in Omnichannel for Customer Service.
How TechAir Group can help you
TechAir Group can help your organization in set up, implementing, training, customizing and extending your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Applications. To reach us, please fill our contact us form.